21 January 2011

Me and Other People's Kids

Sometime between now and this weekend (oh, yea, like later today) I'm hoping to throw together a dress for myself using the simplicity 4080 Kimono pattern. I'll post on how that one goes. 
Yeeppppp

Also, I'm working on a child-sized kimono shirt (from the same pattern as these which I made for my friend's little girls).  I'm planning on navy blue in a flannel. For a new born boy. Hopefully I'll be able to pull off some pants. I'm thinking of opting out of the waist band/fake obi deal and throwing on a few patches - the father is in the Navy. So I thought that would be cute. I went to high school with the mother to be and she loved the kimonos I made for the girls. So, I'll be working on that.


Also, I've ordered tulle in emerald green and wine/burgundy to make birthday presents for the aforementioned girls.  They're going to be getting tutu petticoats similar to this:


Meanwhile, I've spent the bulk of my free time drinking/partying/whatevering. I guess I realize that these kinds of activities are pretty pointless . . and basically a huge waste of money. But, it's really nice to be around people. Being that I allowed myself to end up in friendships which are not always fulfilling my needs, (whether through fault of said friends or my lack of ability to communicate my needs), I'm just going to be okay with enjoying my potentially questionable lifestyle choices right now. Because, honestly, there's not much else I have to be doing. This point of view, however, will change if I do something really stupid. But, as it stands, drinking and dancing are OKAY. It's as soon as I start making real mistakes that I'm going to need to chill out. ughh. I'm weary of things right now. I don't know. ugh. 

But at least I have fun projects to work on. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment