07 January 2011

Mission Kimono: Complete (Simplicity 4080)

So the kimono I've been working on (off and on) for the past two and a half weeks is finally completed. All in all, it wasn't too bad. I'll edit this post with more info later, but here are the pictures.
-edit-
 So as earlier entries stated, this kimono was a bitch. I'm very relieved that it's done. My cat was SUPER helpful. I used more than 250 yards of thread. The whole process was really tedious.  Where as I usually totally wing things, I did my best to step by step follow the instructions for this stupid thing. In some cases (such as the boning) if I had used my common sense instead of following the instructions I would have been better off. Now I know. Not that I plan on ever making another stupid kimono hahaha. 




Simplicity 4080, front

Simplicity 4080, back

EDIT // I get a LOT of traffic directly to this post from people who are working on this pattern.  I had a lot of trouble with it myself, however, I managed to finish it and it looked exactly the way it was supposed to. SO, if you are working on this kimono and are in need of any help or clarifications for ANY part of the process please please please feel free to comment here or email me (jordann.m.hall @ gmail.com - take the spaces out!) for help, I would be more than happy to help you!

2 comments:

  1. hi! i'm making the same obi but i'm not quite understanding instruction 5-7... do you think you could help me out a lil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neckline is ultra confusing. If you see this I could use a tip on how to work with it as it is frustrating me to no end.

    ReplyDelete