31 January 2012

New Look 6885

 Guess I could have ironed it before taking pictures, eh?? I'm trying to get pictures up of all of the dresses I've made for myself. Bad pictures, of course, but pictures nonetheless. :D I'm wearing the dress over a navy vneck shirt, but normally I just wear a cardigan over it and probably a scarf around my neck.

New Look 6885

Pattern Description: I used the G top  

Pattern Sizing: 8-18  

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes  
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes  

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I had hoped it would have more cleavage coverage, but no dice.

Fabric Used: Linen blend

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I wish I had realized how fitted the top would be over my bust and how low cut it would end up being. If I had realized this, I probably would have made the bodice longer and the straps shorter. Too late now.  

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? No, I like this dress, but I always have to wear it with a scarf or something because of how low cut it ended up being. It was one of my first adventures with a sewing pattern, so I just didn't have the knowledge at the time to know that it wasn't going to look the way I had hoped.  

 Conclusion: Not a pattern I would use again, but it's a really cute shape and would probably be good for someone who is smaller chested.

No comments:

Post a Comment