07 July 2012

Hey, I'm Back!


So, I'm back. At least, that's the plan.  I'm going to do a quick run down of two sets gifts i recently made.  So here it is.
My Niece: 
Basic sun dress with shirred top. No pattern. This fabric came from Fabric World, Inc in Stone Mountain, GA. Legit, one quarter, folks. True story.
Skirt.  No pattern, again.  Fabric World, Inc, again. One quarter.  It's a really adorable fabric. Vintage lace from an antique mall.
Again, Fabric. World. Inc. Legit.  All of the fabric for these three pieces cost me less than a dollar. Really.  The pattern I used for this is Butterick V5020.  No complaints.  I used variation that overlaps in the front, but I lengthened it to be a dress instead of a tunic/shirt.
This picture is actually before this dress was done, apparently I didn't snap a picture after I finished it. I used bright green flower buttons on the shoulders and, of course, actually hemmed it haha I used Butterick B3772 for this one. (Can you tell that butterick patterns were on sale when I decided to make a few things for my niece??)  It's an adorable little jumper.  I would like to say that my favorite part of this would be that it uses a full facing instead of just bias tape style facing.  I wish I had done the white dress below this way instead of the way the pattern said to do it.
Baby shower gifts:



So, I used three of Simplicity's vintage reprint patterns.  I would definitely recommend all three of these patterns for anyone who is looking for a unique, vintage feeling baby pattern.  I'm definitely going to use them again in the future for other baby shower gifts.  Very classic.
This bonnet and the below white dress are from Simplicity 2900.  I reallllyyy like the bonnet
 So I used velcro on the shoulders of this dress rather than using the actual button holes as recommended... There just ended up being entirely too much fabric where the holes were supposed to go, so I skipped it.  Also, I wish I had done a full facing.
 Simplicity 2392... I skipped a lot of the details on this dress because I just wanted a simple dress, but I lloovveeddd the sleeves and bodice on this one. I think it turned out really cute.



This jacket is my favorite. It's from Simplicity 2629. It turned out just as adorable as I was expecting. yayyy















 Okay, so as you can all tell, I was on a pink and white theme with the baby stuff.  Either way, I hope to be back to updating regularly. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so what happened with Simplicity 2217? I'm about to embark on that one and would really like to know any snags you hit. Special occasion, making it with linen, and am excited.

    ReplyDelete